(for part one, click here)
...our January began with more paperwork. We began the process of updating our home study. Heartsent continued to coach us through these steps, and we continued to answer questions about ourselves to the orphanage. They closed for Chinese New Year, and after that, we learned we would not hear anything official until our updated home study was submitted and translated.
On January 30th, the home study was on its way to Taiwan. We settled in for a "couple week" wait for the orphanage's decision. We stared at his pictures and prayed. Up until this point, the wait hadn't been too bad, but by the time Valentine's Day rolled around, we were pretty antsy. I e-mailed our case worker on February 18th, and she replied the following day (a Wednesday) that due to a backlog in cases, the orphanage believed we would not hear anything for a couple more weeks. Sigh. So, I poured my energy into packing my bags and preparing for a trip to Missouri, to attend an adoption retreat/conference with a dear friend (and sell some trees from our shop). I flew out Thursday morning, happy for the distraction.
In Missouri, my cell phone had terrible reception. We arrived to the retreat on Friday, and I was so busy attending sessions, connecting with other mamas, and praying over our own situation that it really didn't bother me. We had another two week wait, anyway. Saturday morning, I plugged my dying phone in by the window in our room. E-mails started coming in, from that spot, so I picked it up and began to scroll.
New e-mail from our case coordinator. Actually, not so new. It had arrived over 18 hours prior.
I received the following news from St. Lucy's this morning:
The family they have been formally approved yesterday. The Swr will visit birth mother next mouth.
Sorry for let the family wait.
We were having another son! God was so good to us, blessing us with a precious gift so much better than our hopes, dreams, and expectations. Introducing Noah.