Monday, May 19, 2014

Our "Referral," Part 2

(for part one, click here)

...our January began with more paperwork.  We began the process of updating our home study.  Heartsent continued to coach us through these steps, and we continued to answer questions about ourselves to the orphanage.  They closed for Chinese New Year, and after that, we learned we would not hear anything official until our updated home study was submitted and translated.

On January 30th, the home study was on its way to Taiwan.  We settled in for a "couple week" wait for the orphanage's decision.  We stared at his pictures and prayed.  Up until this point, the wait hadn't been too bad, but by the time Valentine's Day rolled around, we were pretty antsy.  I e-mailed our case worker on February 18th, and she replied the following day (a Wednesday) that due to a backlog in cases, the orphanage believed we would not hear anything for a couple more weeks.  Sigh.  So, I poured my energy into packing my bags and preparing for a trip to Missouri, to attend an adoption retreat/conference with a dear friend (and sell some trees from our shop).  I flew out Thursday morning, happy for the distraction.

In Missouri, my cell phone had terrible reception.  We arrived to the retreat on Friday, and I was so busy attending sessions, connecting with other mamas, and praying over our own situation that it really didn't bother me.  We had another two week wait, anyway.  Saturday morning, I plugged my dying phone in by the window in our room.  E-mails started coming in, from that spot, so I picked it up and began to scroll.

New e-mail from our case coordinator.  Actually, not so new.  It had arrived over 18 hours prior.

I received the following news from St. Lucy's this morning:
The family they have been formally approved yesterday. The Swr will visit birth mother next mouth.
Sorry for let the family wait.

I read those words and gasped.  My dear friend, who was getting ready by the mirror, looked over and asked "What?"  Smiling and grinning, I managed to get out an "I have to text Nathan first," while she immediately said "You got it?  You got it!"  And then, of course, I started crying.  Noah would be our son!!!

The rest of the day was a bit of a blur.  I managed to get a text out to my husband, and forward him the e-mail will all the files and paperwork attachments.  I celebrated with women who had been praying with us since December.  I cried, smiled, sang, and did my best to speak in coherent sentences.  How could we be so blessed to have another handsome, smart, wonderful little boy joining our family?  On Monday, the paperwork would begin again, but that weekend, I simply enjoyed the moment.

We were having another son!  God was so good to us, blessing us with a precious gift so much better than our hopes, dreams, and expectations.  Introducing Noah.


4 comments :

  1. Hi Angie!
    My name is Shanna and I found you through following Valerie Wieners on Instagram. Your story caught my eye because my husband and I have a heart for adoption and are hoping to start the process this fall! I have some questions that I was hoping to email you but I wasn't sure how to find your email... As creepy as that sounds! :) Anyway, I loved reading your story about Noah and it is such an encouragement! If it isn't too weird and you would be interested in answering some questions, would you email me? I understand you have a lot going on so if it's too much to add to your plate I totally understand! My email is shannadietz@gmail.com if you want it! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog
    http://herbalplantslanka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    My name is Brianna Brown! My husband and I are currently waiting for our first court date in our Taiwan adoption! I just happened upon your blog and noticed that you adopted through Heartsent and your son was at St. Lucy's. We are going through the same agency! I'd love to chat sometime about your son's process and transition home. Our little boy will be closer to 3 when he comes home and I noticed your son was a toddler when he came home. Any advice you could share to help with his transition/attachment I'd appreciate it! My email is Briannamichellebrown@gmail.com. Have a great day!

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Searching for the Best Dating Site? Join to find your perfect date.

    ReplyDelete